Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Skywalker is ready to find his special home

It breaks my heart but also makes it soar.  Skywalker is ready to find his forever home.  He loves us, we love him, but he needs his own special home and we need to be ready to take in a more needy foster dog.

Skywalker went to a boarding kennel for two nights, along with resident Cairns, Radley and Miss Parker.  His special needs were made known and when I came to pick him up, Skywalker was best friends with the male kennel owner!  He had also captured the heart of the female kennel owner.  Oh, yeah.  They said Radley and Parker were good, too! 

Going home, Skywalker didn't have to ride in his crate and, boy, he was one happy dog!  Riding in cars is good!  Since then, he has been much more confident.  If he is let into the yard, he comes in without hesitation when called, sure he will get outside again.

Such bittersweet (for me) strides in adopting to his new life of freedom.  I hope someone adopts him before my love gets too deep.

2 comments:

  1. You have done such a beautiful job with this dog and your reporting about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put in an application this week to rescue a pup. I know our friends and Vet have been contacted. We have an older cairn and love him so much! He needs a buddy. We would really like to meet Skywalker, so I hope the application process goes quickly. Thanks for the pictures and blog!

    ReplyDelete