Thursday, December 10, 2009

Skywalker is a love bug

For a couple of days, Skywalker has been shy of even me.  Maybe an outgrowth of us all being cooped up in the house due to the blizzard.  Puppy Radley has been a wild man, my patience has run short, and there have been several harsh commands directed at Radley.  Skywalker is usually right there and, of course, he thinks the words are meant for him, too.  But Radley can be SO SO exasperating.  After Newt, I swore I would never get another puppy, only older dogs.  Why oh why did I fall off the wagon again?  Must be those silly looking little Cairn puppies that just make me all woozy with love!


Flagstaff was a bone-chilling -10o this morning.  Skywalker and Radley didn't seem to care but bad mom still hasn't found fleece jackets that fit them and I was afraid for them to be out too long.  I called them back in and started a fire in the woodstove.  With it being so cold, it figured the fire was hard to start this morning.  The patience was tried as I squatted and squatted in front of the stove, knees screaming.  And then there was the persistent nudge nudge nudge on my back.  Skywalker was there and he got a quick skritch.  Back to the fire.  Nudge nudge nudge.  Skritch.  Fire. Nudge.  Well, I finally caught on.  I sat down on the floor, Skywalker crowded into my lap, cautiously keeping the back legs on the floor, and we had a regular love fest.  Then Bad Rad, the jealous monster, crowded in, pushing out Walker.  Rad got pushed out, Walker pulled in, etc etc.  I growled out Rad and he backed off for a minute or so.  Then he started nipping Walker on the back legs.  That ended the love session but Rad kept torturing Walker with rough play.  Out comes the spray bottle, here comes the time out.

The rest of the morning, Skywalker has been so sweet to me, nudging me, putting his paws on my knees, wagging his tail furiously.  This boy needs a home without a jealous monster, without 6 other animals competing for attention.  He wants animal companionship, too, but this zoo is just overwhelming him.

Handsome young Cairn in need of loving home needing handsome young Cairn!

Get your application in to Col Potter today because we have lots of little Cairns like this hoping to go "Home for the Holidays."

1 comment: